Tuesday 31 August 2021

How to make a egg bounce

HOW TO MAKE AN EGG BOUNCE

Mrs Bennett put a link to Nano Girl on our slides.  Being at home can be hard to learn so I decided to see if their was something fun to do.

I found an experiment about and egg.  Usually if you drop an egg it goes SPLAT, but this experiment made the egg bounce.  I was keen to try.

First I had to find a jar,with a lid, white vinegar and an egg.  I placed the egg in the jar and covered it with vinegar,  then placed the lid on.  Now the waiting began.  I had to leave it for four days.  After 4 days I opened the lid and got the egg out, it felt soft and squishy.  I was washed it under the tap to clean off the shell and dried it in a paper towel.  Now will it work I dropped it on the bench and to my surprise it bounced!!!

    
              
  
Below is a link to show my video of the egg bouncing check it out 


                                                       




4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Georgia
    You have shown great perseverance with this experiment, waiting four days to see if it would work, but....what a great end result!! Your video is fantastic, the egg really looks like a rubber ball and bounces so well! Have you kept the egg? I wonder how long it will continue to bounce?
    I am pleased you are enjoying Nono girls experiments; they are so interesting.
    Bye for now
    Mrs Bennett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was some bad news my egg rolled of my dressing table and it broke I found out it dosen't make the inside hard only the outside it was very sad

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Georgia,
    this is amazing! I never knew you could make an egg bounce. I wonder what happens chemically to make this change? I wonder what is in the vinegar to do this? Does Nano Girl explain this?

    Did yo know you can embed a video in your blog? I have made a tutorial that you can watch to learn how to do this.

    Watch it here

    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will be sure to watch the video

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about